4.25.2014

"For the Love of Vintage" DIY

This week I edited my first video, which gave me a whole new found respect for all these beauty/fashion gurus who make it seem so easy to have a charming, well edited video up every week....It was frustrating to say the least, BUT I really wanted to show you a way to reconstruct an oversized vintage tee into a fitted crop top. So, If you're interested in a cute DIY, click on the link below these pics and it'll take you to the video! But, Before you go see it, Don't forget to read all the way down and read up on my Beauty must have & sincity treat to try. Enjoy:)




Beauty Must have:

Before & after blending the True Match powder

I've been obsessing lately over all the contouring techniques I see throughout social media pages, & honestly through all the excess info I get off of tutorials or beauty posts....one really stuck with me, it was from youtuber Nicole Guerriero, which you should watch if you haven't already, But my beauty obsession right now in terms of contouring is this L'oreal True match powder....For approx. $10, I thought this would be worth the try, So...I got it in the cocoa C8 color, and use it with this elf angled brush.I feel like there are 2 HUGE steps in contouring.

 1.Pay attention to where the shadows & the light naturally hit your face, this will be your guide, So then you lighten the lighter areas with concealer & darken the shadow areas of your face with the true match powder.
2. This step is the most important....BLENDING! take a blending brush and blend it all together, until the stark lines are blended in, this will make it look natural!


Sinful treat to try:




Ok, if you're just as addicted to sweets as I am, here's a good one....Sweet Addiction. They have the infamous Thrifty Ice Cream, which I actually grew up eating, not only that but the have fresh baked cookies, and they build you the most perfect ice cream sandwich with the flavors of your choice, honestly I've been there several times now, & this time was the first time I got a sandwich, usually I over think it...feel like a fatty & skip the cookies....BUT I found out I've been missing out all this time, TRUST ME you want to try this ASAP! My all time fave is the Banana nut ice cream on Peanut butter cookies....excuse me while I drool. see shopping list below for their site & location.







Shopping List:

Vintage tees - Salvation army
Lace trim/ribbons - Etsy
L'oreal True Match powder 
Elf Angled brush
Sweet Addiction cookies & Ice cream