6.28.2014

Vanity Makeover DIY

So, I'm one of those people that never fully finishes decorating. 1yr. after we've been in this house, I'm getting around to tackling some corners of the house that need some TLC, I created my closet out of one of the spare bedrooms, and in this room there is what seems to be a vanity, I'm only guessing since it has a sink, yet it's in a carpeted spare room.....Anyway, I felt it seemed a bit outdated, take a look....
So I whitewashed the cabinet, added different handles, added wallpaper accents & lettering to the doors and drawers...finally I added some extra lighting on the sides of the mirror, I took some old fixtures I had, created them into a plug fixture....and Voila! (Click here to see a video that shows you how to create a hard wire into a plug  fixture.)

Check it out! 

I really Love how it turned out, I combined this project with another I had in mind, I tend to keep all these empty jars,containers....etc. for any ideas that come to mind, so here's a good one, Vanity organizers....Here's what you need:

Empty cans, jars,or boxes will work...I'm obsessed with Fornasetti, the Italian artist...So I printed these images on Card stock to use, But you can use gift wrap paper, personal pictures, or any opaque paper...(If you use something too thin, the labels might show through.)
you'll also need your glue gun, and feel free to cut any container that's too tall for your use....like so.

Measure the container to the paper, mark & cut to fit.
Glue paper in place starting with an edge, going all the way around your container, once you have all your containers done, fill with glass marbles, rice, dried beans, decorative rocks...basically anything you wish to add height to the inside of your container. That's it! 

I love projects that allow me to make something pretty for less, all while recycling, Check out the finished product. 

Do what you love! Thanks For following, and allowing me to do what I love....Xo