4.05.2014

Flower Power DIY

Runway trends don't only have all of our attention, they have a hefty price tag too. Looking through the latest trends in spring accessories, I came across this gorg Burberry Flower clutch.....The more I looked the more I found that this textured clutch idea was amongst other  designer lines, the most affordable I found was at Anthropologie, for $58 So I decided to do a DIY, I thought for a price tag of $20.....It was well worth it.


    Things you'll need:
            -Old clutch(I found one at Goodwill for $2.99)
       -Glue gun & E600 (or any industrial glue)
       -2 silk hydrangeas(Michaels craft stores)
            -Studs, rhinestones or pearls(for the centers)




Begin by Pulling each silk flower from it's stems carefully, Glue each flower to the bag with the glue gun starting with one edge,  slowly working your way towards the middle,and eventually finishing the entire side of the bag. once the flowers are glued down, Glue the centers of your choice with the industrial glue....I chose gold studs, but you can use rhinestones, pearls, beads etc. Repeat on other side, let it dry overnight & Presto it's ready to wear!













It seriously takes about 30 min of your time, But in the end you have a true designer inspired statement piece, that will  wow the crowd, without breaking the bank!


My SinCity treat to try this week:
Sugar Bee's Bakery in Southwest Las Vegas! I know what you're thinking...Damn Patty eats a lot of

desserts! What can I say? I 'm addicted to sugar, But At least I admit it. A customer mentioned that there was a small bakery across the street from the shop called Sugar bee's....So I went in and purchased a slice of red velvet cake which was yummy & this Banana tart, OMG it was HEAVEN! I actually warmed it a little and the middle was moist while the outside was crusty.....I absolutely 100% recommend it, You know for those days you're craving a little sugar. (See Shopping list for website link.)
            
     
       
THANKS A MILLION for Reading;
Please subscribe below for 
weekly updates. XO;PB
Shopping List: